Thursday 6 September 2012

Brand New Shiny Etsy Shop

Well, my Ebay listings ended today, with none of them selling. It does seem like a set back, like wasted time or something, but it's nothing to dwell over I don't think.
The thing about selling is finding your market, and this counts especially with art. Whilst we are on the subject, selling is also about building your audience which I'm slowing doing through this blog, Facebook and Twitter.
A bigger audience means more views, more interest and therefore more sales.
It seems, although I have sold two paintings on Ebay previously, my market isn't there at the moment. Not that it is going to put me off however, I will be re listing my works and making sure they are as good as they can be- more photos are necessary I think.
Etsy are a website I've heard about but never really thought of it for selling my work, but I'm giving it a go.

You can view it here- http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmberHodgeArt

We will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Suggestions Welcomed :)