Saturday 5 May 2012

Tattoo to tell you when your phone is ringing...???

Before I begin, have a read of this article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/nokia/9155974/Nokias-magnetic-tattoos-could-tell-you-your-phone-is-ringing.html

Now, when I read this I couldn't believe what was being said, a joke article perhaps? No, no, on further inspection I have found loads more articles talking about it.
I have one question.....WHY!?

In a world where almost anyone can be contacted at almost any time, why would someone need a permanent implant in their body to reinforce a feeling of control technology?

I've been thinking about this in regards to an essay I wrote this term about technology and cyborgs, which is the basis of my dissertation, that I begin to write over the summer. This will inform some new research, as I try to find out the answer to my question.


 Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Suggestions Welcomed :)